The 2019 Boating Season Is Almost Here!
We wanted to take this opportunity to highlight a few of the basic reservoir rules for residents (below) and encourage all who will be boating this year to re-familiarize themselves with the entire Reservoir Use Policy HERE.
- A Town of Timnath boating permit is required to launch any boat
- Motorized boat operations are limited to Thursday through Saturday and the first, third,
and fifth Sunday of the Month from 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. or sunset, whichever is
- All crafts requiring a permit must have Coast Guard approved life jackets for every person on board.
- Boats may not exceed one motor or 24 feet in length. The speed limit for motorized
boats is 40 mph.
- No person under sixteen years of age shall operate a motorboat in this state unless they
hold and have in their possession a boating safety certificate approved by Colorado
Parks and Wildlife.
Again, these are just a few of the rules you need to be aware of if you’re planning to use the reservoir this year. Please read the entire Reservoir Use Policy HERE.