Many Timnath residents have already discovered our local dog park, located in the Timnath Community Park on Summerfields Parkway. It’s a fun place for the entire family, Fido included. Dog park trips offer dog parents and their pets a great opportunity to socialize and run off some pent-up energy, but with all that fun comes responsibility.
Let’s keep our park safe and fun for all visitors and their furry friends by following a few guidelines.
Timnath Dog Park Rules and Guidelines
- Help us keep the park clean and sanitary—Always pick up after your pet.
- Don’t bring an aggressive dog to the park.
- Make sure your dog is up to date on their vaccinations.
- Puppies younger than four months shouldn’t be brought to the park.
- Consider only bringing your dog if they are spayed/neutered.
- Stay with your dog. Don’t leave him/her unattended at the park.
- No more than three dogs per visit, please.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed—they can be a distraction or cause fights between other dogs.
- Young children must be supervised, and it is not recommended to bring infants or toddlers into the park.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times. This will allow you to quickly remove your dog if an unpleasant or aggressive dog visits the park.
- Please keep dog park gates closed at all times.
- Don’t bring human food into the park—not all dogs are well trained around food and could act aggressively.
- Park curfews and hours apply to the dog park as well.
- Dog parents are responsible for any damage to the dog park caused by their dog. Please be considerate and fill in any holes your pup digs.