Detectives Seek Help in Residential Burglary Series
Since January 2019, Northern Colorado detectives have investigated five break-ins with similar characteristics. The incidents occurred during daytime hours, and homeowners were all of Asian descent (different nationalities) and own local small businesses such as restaurants or salons. Suspect/s forced entry into the homes and typically targeted cash. Residents were not home when the break-ins occurred.
Officers believe these incidents may be related to at least 20 similar burglaries that have occurred in other Front Range jurisdictions since January.
Area law enforcement agencies, including the Timnath Police Department, have been working with members of the business community to identify potential leads but need additional help to solve these cases. Anyone with information about these incidents or suspect/s is encouraged to contact Timnath Police Sergeant Robert Wynkoop at 970-224-3211 ext. 262.
These burglaries serve as an unwelcome reminder that, while we live in a safe community, we should always take steps to protect ourselves and our loved ones.
- Always lock the doors and windows of your home when you go to bed or leave your house, even if you are leaving for a short period.
- Keep your garage doors closed at all times, even if you’re just doing work around the house.
- Always remember to close your car windows, take any valuables out of your car, and lock your doors every time you leave your vehicle.
- Keep jewelry, cash, weapons, and other enticing or expensive items locked away.
- Get to know your neighbors! Neighbors who know each other look out for each other.
- Report suspicious activity. If you see something out of the ordinary that’s putting you on edge, call the Timnath non-emergency number: 970-416-1985. It’s the best way to let us know what’s happening in your neighborhood and much more effective than posting your observations on Facebook or NextDoor.
- Call 911 in case of an emergency. If you see a crime in action, call 911 immediately.