Construction of the I-25 North Express Lanes – Johnstown to Ft. Collins – will begin at 9 p.m. Sunday, September 9th. (Visit CDOT website for details and updates), with the full closure of the East Frontage Road between Colorado Highway 392 and Crossroads Boulevard.
Upcoming Travel Impacts
- At 9 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9, crews will begin construction on mainline I-25 between Crossroads Boulevard and Kechter Road, near CO 392. Construction in this area will be performed in two phases: full-width northbound followed by full-width southbound.
While most of the work will be done off the road, some nighttime lane closures will be necessary.
Ongoing Travel Impacts
- Expect nighttime lane closures for the following:
- setting barrier on both sides of I-25;
- grade preparation and temporary asphalt paving; and
- restriping I-25 for required traffic shifts, including removal of barrier.
- Construction goals between CO 392 and Crossroads Boulevard include:
- widening I-25 for additional Express Lanes;
- relocating utilities;
- erecting retaining wall under CO 392; and
- constructing three water-quality ponds with accompanying drainage facilities.
- Cost: $300+ million
The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) has awarded CDOT and local partners a TIGER grant to help it fund this expansion of North I-25.
- Contractor: Kramer and IHC Construction Companies, LLC
- First Notice to Proceed:Early 2018
- Second Notice to Proceed: Summer 2018
- Construction: Fall 2018 through fall 2019
- Construction Complete/Toll Commencement: Early 2022