Update 9/27/19 – Construction will be resuming along Harmony Road to address punch list items & the addition of sidewalk from Club Drive to Latham Parkway. Starting Monday, 9/30, the right west-bound land from Latham to Club will be closed for grading work associated with the sidewalk. Concrete work is tentatively scheduled for the week of 10/7.
Also during this time, the contractor will be addressing quality control issues with some sections of concrete on the median, which will require intermittent daytime lane closures to do the work. Please be alert to the lane closures & workers in the area.
Note: This is a major improvement project being performed on a section of road that experiences very heavy traffic volume – especially during peak commute times in the morning and the late afternoon. Delays should be expected and alternate routes are advised.
Phase 4 of The Harmony Road improvements Project will begin in January of 2019 and is expected to be completed in August of 2019. Improvements involve the reconstruction and widening of Harmony Road from Three Bell Parkway to Latham Parkway (AKA: LCR 1 or WCR 13). The new road section will have 4 lanes, bike lanes, raised landscaped median, and intersection improvements at Club Drive & Latham Parkway.
The majority of the roadwork will occur in Spring & Summer of 2019, however, due to required work on the Lake Canal crossing that must happen before irrigation resumes in Spring 2019, there is some work that must occur during late winter/early spring. Traffic impact should be minimal during the winter, but delays should be expected.
Note: Orange = Work Completed
- Connell Resources, Inc. will begin construction on January 7, 2019.
- January 2019
- Tree removal between Club Drive & Latham Parkway. This removal will require one lane traffic with intermittent traffic stops of up to 15 minutes.
- Setting of concrete barricades at the Lake Canal crossing (east of Club Drive) that will require one lane traffic & intermittent traffic stops.
- Clearing of trees and vegetation from work area
- Construction on extensions to the Lake Canal crossing – north & south side of Harmony Road
- Utility relocation
- Road embankment work & fill import along the south side of Harmony Road
- February – March 2019
- Continued work on Lake Canal box culverts
- Reconfigure traffic lanes to shift traffic to north side of existing road
- Completion of embankment on south side of Harmony
- Removal of south portion of existing road
- City of Greeley waterline lowering
- April 2019 – May 2019
- Installation of traffic signals at Harmony Road & Latham Parkway
- Installation of curb & gutter along south side of new median & at Club Drive
- Pave bottom lift of new lanes along south side of new road & shift traffic to the south
- Remove remainder of existing road along north side
- North side road embankment work
- Install remainder of median curb and gutter
- June 2019 – August 2019
- Pave north lanes & remainder of south lanes
- Install median splash block
- Install Landscape & irrigation in medians
- September 2019
- Final lift of paving – all lanes
- Installation of signs and striping
- Cleanup and reseeding
- Install sidewalk from Club to Latham
For questions, please contact Eric Fuhrman at 970-226-0557 or via email at email@example.com. Updates will be posted at Timnath.org/Harmony