March 16, 2020
Dear Timnath Residents,
As your Mayor, I want you to know that the health, safety and wellbeing of our Timnath community is our highest priority. The Town of Timnath Council and staff are working hard to understand COVID-19 and how we, as your local government, can best respond to this pandemic with the most up to date information possible. Today, I signed an emergency proclamation for Timnath, aligned with the other municipalities in Larimer County. The intent of these proclamations is to allow for a coordinated response with national, state and regional authorities and to clear the way for quick and flexible allocation of resources and personnel.
We are following the recommendations of leadership at the national, state and local level, specifically the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment (www.larimer.org/health/communicable-disease/coronavirus-covid-19) and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (www.colorado.gov/cdphe), as well as collaborating with our surrounding neighbors. We all play a role in keeping each other safe and ask that you follow the recommendations provided below. We strongly encourage you to stay at home as much as possible, practice social distancing, avoid non-essential travel and wash your hands frequently.
TOWN OF TIMNATH RESPONSE
The Town of Timnath remains open at this time however, we have an emergency response plan in place to adjust as needed to continue to provide high-quality services to our residents while being responsive to the emerging updates from health officials.
We are also doing our part to help minimize the potential spread of the coronavirus:
- We’ve increased cleaning at all our buildings, facilities, including the playground equipment
- As of today, we will no longer accept Community Room or Pavilion reservations. This will continue through April and may continue for some time after that.
- We have prepared our Police Department with personal protection equipment should they need it and they have an emergency response plan for public safety in place as well.
- We’re promoting the use of the Town’s online services to minimize in-person interaction.
- We developed a COVID-19 Response Plan that focuses on maintaining the health and safety of residents while identifying strategies to continue providing public services
The safety of our Town staff is also very important. In addition to the extra cleaning of facilities, we also are creating opportunities to work from home and are requiring employees stay home if they feel sick or have a family member who feels sick. We have provided additional paid sick leave to ensure Town employees can stay home if needed.
We all play a role in keeping each other safe. Please follow the recommendations of public health officials that outline everyday actions and social distancing practices to help us all stay healthy (see below). Official recommendations change frequently; please visit Larimer County Department of Health & Environment for the latest COVID-19 updates. I encourage you to also visit our website Timnath.org/COVID19 for the latest information related to Town services, closures or cancellations. You can also subscribe to receive text message or email updates from the town at Timnath.org/Subscribe.
With schools closing the week after spring break and many regional facilities following suit, this has been a very stressful time for many. The situation has disrupted lives and is changing rapidly. Please know, your Town government is working hard to keep our community safe and healthy. We also understand that this is a stressful time for local businesses so please support them as you can.
The Timnath Foundation has also created a fund and volunteer resource called, Timnath Community Cares, where Timnath residents and local businesses can reach out for a variety of assistance or make a donation; more information will be forthcoming.
The fabric of our community is strong, and we will manage through this difficult time together. It is important to remember our neighbors thoughtfully, be kind to each other, and help one another where you can, especially our more vulnerable at-risk residents. If you are aware of a need in our community, please contact us.
Please take care of yourself and your family. We will continue to keep you updated as new details arise.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Stay home when you are sick, and avoid contact with sick people, except to get medical care
- Self-isolate if you have traveled
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
Practice Social Distancing
- Don’t shake hands. Wave instead.
- When possible, increase distance between people to six feet to help reduce spread
- Consider cancelling trips and not attending public gatherings for non-essential purposes
- Follow CDC guidelines on travel
- Discourage children and teens from gathering in other public places if school is closed
Use Online Town Services
In support of social distancing practices, we encourage you to take advantage of Timnath’s online services for:
- Contractor’s License Application
- Business and Sales Tax License Application
- Timnath Reservoir Boating Permit
- Building Permit Application
- Residential and Commercial Submittal Information
- Code Enforcement Contact Form
- Development Forms and Applications
- Door to Door Solicitation Opt Out