TIMNATH RESERVOIR SEASONAL ATTENDANT
JOB TITLE: Timnath Reservoir Seasonal Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Community Development
REPORTS TO: Community Development Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Community Development Director, the Timnath Reservoir Attendant position is responsible for monitoring activity at the reservoir to ensure compliance with the Town of Timnath’s Reservoir Policy document. This includes checking permits for access to the Town’s leased property including all shore activities as well as on water activities. The role also requires specific Aquatic and Nuisance Species (ANS) certification training and inspections of all trailer launched watercraft. Operation of the Town’s leased boat is also required for monitoring on lake activities and to provide support if requested and appropriate. The attendant is also expected to document usage data on Town provided electronic devices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Primary duties of the Reservoir Attendant will be related to greeting permit holders and visitors upon arrival at the Reservoir, verifying permits, selling Day Passes and Boat Passes for all visitors not on approved lists and to ensure compliance with the Town adopted Timnath Reservoir Policy document. Other listed duties will be secondary however the position requires proficiency in accomplishing all the listed duties on a regular basis.
• The position requires attendance and successful completion of the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Aquatic and Nuisance Species certification course.
• All trailer launched watercraft require inspection prior to launching if Green Seal and White Inspection and Decontamination Receipt are not present. A Green Seal and White Inspection and Decontamination Receipts are issued upon leaving for re-entry.
• The duties require training on the proper operation of the Town leased boat.
• Weather permitting, daily operation of the Town leased boat is expected. The boat is to be used for inspection of the water conditions for floating debris and its removal, along with providing support for individuals that may need assistance. When out for inspection, check with each paddleboarder, canoer, kayaker and belly boat users to ensure they have required Coast Guard approved life jackets and required Shore Pass and Boat Pass stickers. The boat is not intended for policing or for emergencies. Assistance may be provided to someone in distress, however calling 911 first is required for all emergency needs.
• Assists in cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of the facility and the surrounding area. This may include using a push mower, weed trimmer, rake, or other small tools and minor repairs to the attendant building. In addition, regular inspections of the portable toilet located on-site along with trash inspections are required to maintain a clean and healthy user experience. If the portable toilet and the trash receptacles are unclean and/or not emptied, the appropriate vendor will be contacted to service those facilities.
• Duties may include periodically picking up trash and pet waste and disposing of it properly.
• The Timnath Reservoir is an irrigation reservoir and therefor the water level varies greatly throughout the year. The water level shall be monitored for the protection of dock system and the safety of the users. If the water level falls to such a point as to make access to the floating dock unsafe, measures will be taken to limit access or to remedy the condition.
• The position requires collection of weekly water samples from both the Timnath Reservoir and the pond located near Weitzel Park. These samples will need to be transported using a personal vehicle to the Colorado State University testing lab in Fort Collins with required paperwork. The equipment for collecting samples is provided. These samples are for the purpose of ensuring that the water quality is safe for human contact.
• Duties also include recording user activities while on-site. The user activities will be entered into the Town’s provided electronic device.
• Duties also include daily observations for potential algae blooms. If and when algae blooms are present, provide notice to the Community Development Director, post the necessary signs, and caution users on the potential health risks associated with coming into contact with the algae.
• Supervise the activities both onshore and on the water for compliance with the Town’s policy document. Contact those individuals that are not in compliance with those policies and remind them that it is their responsibility to comply.
• Inspects the Timnath Community Park shelter on weekends between rentals. Take note of problem areas and clean when necessary prior to the next rental. Notify the Community Development Director of any deficiencies.
• Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
• Understanding of Town of Timnath Employee Policies and the Attendant Reference Guide for accurate knowledge when communicating with guests.
• Working knowledge of personal computers, hotspot, tablet, Square Devices and Marine Radios (training will be provided).
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written)
• Ability to handle problem areas and conduct oneself in a mature, professional manner, with an emphasis on customer service
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Town employees and the general public
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently, and with frequent interruptions
• Willingness to participate in all levels of the work experience
• A valid Colorado Driver’s license is necessary at the time of hire
• Personal vehicle will be required to be used on a weekly basis to deliver samples to Colorado State University for testing
• CPR and First-Aid Certification is preferred
• ANS Certification required for attendants conducting Inspections. The Town of Timnath will facilitate training through Colorado Parks and Wildlife
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma/GED
• Town issued laptop, hotspot, tablets, Square devices and Marine Radios.
• Town leased boat
• Personal vehicle
• Personal cellular phone
• Small generator
• Small hand tools and small power tools
• Weed trimmer
• Push mower
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, to handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work often requires traversing slopes and undulating terrain. Work also requires good balance and the ability to enter and exit the Town supplied boat solo. Should be able to remain in a standing position for extended periods of time. The Town of Timnath provides employment opportunities in compliance with all pertinent federal, state, and local laws.