Timnath, Colorado Police Department – Police Job Opportunities
- The Department values set forth our philosophy of policing and our commitment to the community.
- We recognize we have been given a special trust by our community.
- We will respect our community through honest, fair and respectful communication and interactions with our citizens while recognizing our accountability to the citizens.
- We believe law enforcement and the community share in the responsibility for crime control and safety and our department’s role is defined by the community.
- We accept the responsibility to react to crime activity in a way that emphasizes prevention and is supported by enforcement of the law.
- We believe in working collaboratively with neighborhoods to better understand the nature of neighborhood problems and to develop meaningful and cooperative strategies to address the problems.
- We believe in and respect Constitutional safeguards, laws and democracy.
Useful Reference Numbers & Information
Child Advocacy Center (Larimer Co): 970-407- 9739
Crime Stoppers: 970-221-6868
Larimer County Court/Traffic: 970-494-3500
Detention Center: 970-498-5200
District Attorney: 970-498-7200
Larimer Humane Society: 970-226-3647
Larimer County Sheriff – 24 Hours: 970-416-1985
Timnath Municipal Court: 970-224-3211
Victim/Witness Services: 970-498-7285
Motor Vehicle Accident
Report a traffic accident to the Colorado State Patrol:
You can make an online report if all of the following criteria are met:
No fatality or injury requiring medical attention was sustained by any person involved, and;
The accident is not an alleged hit and run, or there is no information on the other driver, and;
The accident does not involve damage to any public property, and;
No drivers involved are suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Or, the accident occurs on private property and the above criteria have been met.
The crash website can also be used when the Timnath Police Department is on accident alert.
If you need to claim property, please contact the Police Technician Monday through Friday between 8:00am and 5:00pm at 970-224-3211.
Note: Property is released by appointment only by calling (970) 224-3211.
• In order to claim any property, an appointment must be made and photo identification is required.
• If you receive written notification that you have property to claim, this property will be held for 90 days after the mailing of the notice or after a safekeeping notice has been issued. Unclaimed property will be disposed of per Timnath Police Department policy.
• If you are unable to claim your property, you may designate another person to claim the property for you. In this case, you must provide the designated person with a notarized letter authorizing that person to claim the property for you. That person must present the notarized letter and photo identification at the time of their appointment.
• Unclaimed property with an unknown owner or unknown address of the owner, will be held for 90 days. If the property is not claimed, it will be disposed of per Timnath Police Department policy.
• It is the policy of the Timnath Police Department to allow a finder of property to claim found property if the rightful owner does not claim the property within 90 days. The finder must make a written request to the Timnath Police Department advising that the finder would like the item if not claimed. Any type of electronic devices that may contain personal information (phones, iPod, iPad, tablets, laptops, etc.) will not be released to anyone except the verified owner of the property. Any electronic devices that have remained unclaimed after 90 days will be destroyed per Timnath Police Department policy.
• Firearms cannot be released without a background check through the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.
For any additional questions, please call (970) 224-3211.