With so many events and gatherings being canceled or rescheduled every day, we know that there are several questions regarding the annual Timnath Fourth of July Celebration. At this time, the Town of Timnath will be launching fireworks only. However, the town has canceled the activities and festivities at the reservoir prior to the fireworks.
This year, we are asking residents to watch the fireworks from their homes. If a resident is unable to see the fireworks from their home, we advise walking to an open space near your home. If you can see the water tower, you’ll be able to see the fireworks. Please, do not come to the reservoir to watch the fireworks.
The fireworks will launch at 9:30 p.m.
If there is a weather delay, the fireworks will launch no later than 10:30pm.
Timnath 4th of July (At-Home) Celebration!
The Town of Timnath encourages you to celebrate our Independence Day from the safety of your own home this year. To help make an at-home celebration more fun, we’ve compiled a few ideas! Read on for fun recipes, some Fourth-Themed playlists, and more.
Grilled Pesto Pizzas
Not that hotdogs aren’t a classic (and delicious) American 4th of July food, but if you’re looking to mix it up this year and get away from the dog, maybe it’s time to try a grilled pizza! The recipe below is from Favorite Family Recipes, but feel free to make it your own by swapping out toppings and sauces. Who doesn’t love building their own personal pizza?
2 packages Quick Rising Yeast
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup hot water
Mix together and add 3 cups of flour.
1 cup of pesto sauce
1 cup feta cheese
4 sliced tomatoes
Dried basil to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Knead dough for 1 minute and then divide into 8 balls. Roll each into a pizza and allow to rise for 20 minutes before grilling on medium heat. Flip after cooking the first side, top the done side with pesto and feta. When fully cooked, remove from the grill and add tomato slices and seasonings. Enjoy!
Patriotic Punch (Kid-Friendly)
What’s the 4th of July without an ice cold drink in your hand? This deliciously adorable recipe from Mom Endeavors is perfect for kids and adults alike. The trick to creating layered drinks is to use beverages with different sugar content so that the juices stack together in a patriotic way. In this recipe, we use cran-cherry juice, non-alcoholic pina colada, and blue raspberry, but you can use any juices you’d like as long as they differ in sugar content.
- Fill the glass a quarter of the way with the drink with the highest sugar content per serving.
- Fill the cup with ice.
- Pour the drink with the next highest amount of sugar content per serving very slowly over the ice.
- Pour in the final layer – the juice with the smallest amount of sugar per serving.
- Cut off the ends of a Twizzlers candy to use as a straw.
Timnath At-Home Fourth of July Playlist
To help you get in the spirit we’ve put together a list of some of America’s most favorite songs. Some are patriotic, some are just good ol’ classic rock and roll! Tune in for over three hours of Toby Keith, John Denver, John Mellencamp, Bon Jovi, and more! Follow the link here to take you to our Spotify playlist!
There’s an endless amount of fun holiday-themed activities to do at home, both inside and out! We scoured the internet for just a few of our favorites. Tag us in your photos on social media when your family does them! @townoftimnath
- Make a Patriotic Handprint! Use red, white, and blue acrylic paint to create a flag on your child’s hand and stamp it onto construction paper for a fun keepsake of your 2020 Fourth at Home.
- Dye white flowers with food coloring! A fun science experiment that you can do at home – use white flowers and split the stems, placing a piece of each into a separate glass of red and blue water dyed with food coloring. Watch as the flower absorbs the colors and displays them on the petals! You should begin to see results within an hour.
- Go camping in your backyard! Who says you need to travel to have some outdoor fun? Pitch a tent in your backyard, tell stories, maybe roast a marshmallow, then watch the Timnath fireworks over the reservoir from your own backyard. Grab a few sleeping bags and sleep under the stars!
- Go for a family bike ride! Get some exercise with your family and cruise up and down the streets on the Fourth. For extra fun – allow your kids to decorate their bikes! Use streamers, American flags, tinsel, or stickers to deck out your bikes/helmets in patriotic red, white, and blue.
- Make a red, white, and blue snack! We may suggest some of the recipes above, but there are hundreds of starry snack and dessert recipes online. Take this day to create a fun, colored treat.
- Play ball! Just because the MLB is on pause doesn’t mean we have to be! This may be the perfect year to teach your children the skills of tee ball, or practice pitching with your older children. Gather the family, some makeshift bases, and … batter up!