Update 2-6-17: The Harmony Road detour on the east side of Three Bell Parkway will be shifting to a new alignment on Tuesday, 2-7-17 (see “Traffic Shift Map” below) This shift will allow for the continuation of the construction on the new box culverts. In addition, waterline work for the Fort Collins Loveland Water District will be starting along the north side of the road. For the safety of the crews working in the area, we encourage all motorists to observe posted speed limits and use caution in the area.
The Harmony Road improvements involve the reconstruction and widening of Harmony Road from approximately 0.40 miles east of Main Street (CR 5) to 400’ east of Three Bell Parkway. The new road section will have 4 lanes, bike lanes, raised landscaped median, and intersection improvements at Three Bell Parkway. To facilitate the intersection improvements, the box culvert for the Timnath Reservoir Outlet Canal (TROC) is being replaced and will include a pedestrian underpass for a future regional trail. The Great Western Railroad crossing will also be rebuilt to accommodate the roadway widening.
- Connell Resources, Inc. will begin construction on October 3, 2016.
- Fall 2016
- Clearing of trees and vegetation from work area – North side complete
- Utility relocation
- Shift traffic to south side of existing TROC box (maintain 2 lanes) – Complete
- Excavation & construction of north portion of new TROC boxes – Complete
- Road embankment work along north side – Complete
- Winter 2016
- New traffic signal installation at Three Bell Parkway – Complete
- Shift traffic to north side of new TROC boxes upon completion – 2/7/17
- Excavation & construction of south portion of new TROC boxes – Starting 2/8/17
- Spring 2017
- Pave and shift traffic to north side of new road section
- Remove current road surface, construct medians and south road embankment
- Landscape medians
- Great Western Railroad will need to rebuild the railroad crossing. This work will require a full closure of Harmony Road for 1 week. Schedule is dependent on Great Western. Notices will be issued prior to closure.
- The project is anticipated to be finished by late June 2017.
Emergency Service Impact
- The road will remain open with two way traffic being maintained as much as possible.
- Daytime, one-lane flagging operations will be needed for some work. The contractor (via their traffic control company) should provide notifications to emergency services when those are scheduled.
- A full closure for approximately one week will be required at some time during the project for the railroad to rebuild their crossing. Detours during that time will utilize existing roads.
For questions, please contact Eric Fuhrman at 970-226-0557 or via email at email@example.com. Updates will be posted at Timnath.org/HarmonyGeneral Construction Info