Note: This is a major improvement project being performed on section of road that experiences very heavy traffic volume – especially during peak commute times in the morning and the afternoon. Delays should be expected and alternate routes are advised.
- Paving the final lift of asphalt & striping. One lane operations will be required at the tie in locations on either end of the project.
- Completion of splashblock and landscaping of medians
- Note: The work being completed is what can be done before the railroad completes their construction. Once the railroad is complete, there will be work to finish the road sections on either side of the tracks.
Upcoming primary construction items:
- Harmony Road Closure, 6/23/17 @ 6pm – 6/30/17
- Full Closure of Harmony Road at the railroad tracks
- The railroad will be closing Harmony Road for the rehabilitation and widening of the road crossing. Alternative routes will be required as this is a full closure for the entire closure period. Detours will be posted at Main Street & Latham Parkway. This closure will be for the required railroad track work.
- As construction progresses, traffic patterns will be shifting with different phases of road completion. For the safety of the crews working in the area we encourage all motorists to observe posted speed limits and use caution in the area.
- The Harmony Road improvements involve the reconstruction and widening of Harmony Road from approximately 0.40 miles east of Main Street (CR 5) to 400’ east of Three Bell Parkway. The new road section will have 4 lanes, bike lanes, raised landscaped median, and intersection improvements at Three Bell Parkway. To facilitate the intersection improvements, the box culvert for the Timnath Reservoir Outlet Canal (TROC) is being replaced and will include a pedestrian underpass for a future regional trail. The Great Western Railroad crossing will also be rebuilt to accommodate the roadway widening.
- Project Map Area
- Connell Resources, Inc. will begin construction on October 3, 2016.
- Fall 2016
- Clearing of trees and vegetation from work area – Complete
- Utility relocation
- Shift traffic to south side of existing TROC box (maintain 2 lanes) – Complete
- Excavation & construction of north portion of new TROC boxes – Complete
- Road embankment work along north side – Complete
- Winter 2016
- New traffic signal installation at Three Bell Parkway – Complete
- Shift traffic to north side of new TROC boxes upon completion – Complete
- Excavation & construction of south portion of new TROC boxes – Complete
- Spring 2017
- Pave and shift traffic to north side of new road section – Complete
- Remove current road surface, construct medians and south road embankment – Underway
- Landscape medians – Underway
- Great Western Railway will need to rebuild the railroad crossing. This work will require a full closure of Harmony Road for 1 week. Schedule is dependent on Great Western. Notices will be issued prior to closure.
- Closure for track work is scheduled for 6/23 @ 6pm – 6/30. This will only be the track work. Schedule for the signals yet to be determined by Great Western. Due to the delay by Great Western to complete their work, there will be a section of Harmony Road that cannot be completed until they have finished. This work will be rescheduled based upon Great Western’s completion.
- The Town’s portion of the project is anticipated to be finished by late June 2017.
Emergency Service Impact
- The road will remain open with two way traffic being maintained as much as possible.
- Daytime, one-lane flagging operations will be needed for some work. The contractor (via their traffic control company) should provide notifications to emergency services when those are scheduled.
- A full closure for approximately one week will be required at some time during the project for the railroad to rebuild their crossing. Detours during that time will utilize existing roads.
- For questions, please contact Eric Fuhrman at 970-226-0557 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Updates will be posted at Timnath.org/Harmony